Search the Web

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Almost a YEAR!!!

I was stunned to see that the last time I posted was darned near a full year ago! Of course, this year has been an eventful one for me - my Beautiful Daughter got married in October. And that meant my sewing room went out of commission sometime last July, because I was doing the wedding cake.

I haven't touched a quilt since last July. Oh, except once or twice I dragged the queen-sized quilt I'm hand quilting for my beloved Cousin...But really, since July, there has been no appreciable momentum.

I did have a bit of an epiphany when I sat in my sewing room a month ago, gazing in despair at all my fabric and tools, wondering how to make sense of it all, when it occurred to me that the first thing I had to do was stop buying fabric.

I have enough to "see me out," as a Friend so aptly put it tonight! I realized that I don't have time to make all the quilts in my mind, that I have to knuckle under and finish the really important ones, because that's all I've got time for. Seriously, I was never a fast quilter to begin with! And I'm slowing down every day! Tick tick tick tick tick...

Well, all that aside, Thursday May 26th (tomorrow as I write this) the BIG quilt show opens in Montreal, with exhibitors from all over Quebec. They hold this show every two years, and nearly 400 quilts are exhibited.

I have one quilt in the show - "In Spite of Dread and Doubt and Tattle-tale." (the link takes you to my blog with pictures.)




But I am most excited by the prospect of being inspired.

I get ideas all the time, but inspiration is more than just having an idea. Inspiration makes you actually WANT to get out of bed, makes you look forward to getting working on a project.

I can't wait to see the exhibits. I'll probably go all four days. And this year I'm bringing some friends to come see it WITH me - a rare treat, as I usually end up doing this all by my lonesome. I don't have company for all four days, but for two of them, and that's not bad!

But I'm staying away from the vendors. There is nothing I need, except to be inspired.

No comments: